Thursday, February 17, 2011
Our Valentine's Day Door
Our February has been given us some bitterly cold weather with random days of reprieve. I love those glorious previews of Spring.
We have spent our February enjoying homeschool, creating rosaries, and making our Valentine's Day wreath.
This wreath started as a simple concept that, of course, presented a few glitches requiring a bit of re-thinking and tedious patching. All in all, it was fun to make! This year we rode the learning curve . . . . next year it will be a breeze to make. :-)
Our bird cage was empty until yesterday. Now it has some very pretty yellow daffodils in it. And what says, "Welcome to Spring," better than daffodils?
Little by little and week by week our door, home and land will reflect the coming Spring. I love to see the changes and I enjoy reflecting that change in our home.
So, what's on our February list(s)?
* The nights are dark and cool.
* The weather is unpredictable. Be happy for warm and cold!
* The ground needs preparation for Spring - which is very close.
* The February Moon will be full on Friday the 18th. It is called the Snow Moon or the Budding Moon.
* Heart Wreath on front door! <3
* Time to scrub all the windows, sills, screens and sashes ~
* Time for carpet cleaning
* Garage goal . . . make ready for wall frame
* Set up candle making supplies
* Deep Clean Kitchen (especially counter tops) with herbal (Melaleuca) cleansers.
* Ceiling fans cleaned
* Bring hums back home
* Back deck painted and backyard deck power washed/treated
* Upstairs hall painted and 4 new pictures hung
* Boys making Blanket Chests :-)
* Family Rosaries
* Tuesdays - Latin Mass :-)
* MODA prayer class planned to begin in March
* KinderMusik class planned - to begin in March
* First Friday (4 - changed to 10th) √
* New Beginnings Homeschool Group (11 - changed to 17th)
* CCs Brunch (12) √
* Minute2WinIt Party (12) √
* CCs Steak Dinner (13) √
* Family Dinner Celebration for CC - (14) √
* J & V to Game Night - date still to be chosen
* Family Game Night - date still to be chosen
* Father to lunch - date still to be chosen