From our Gentlemen's Farm in bucolic Bucks County, PA to a home nestled in the Piney Woods of The Lone Star State . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . This is our journey and these are our musings as we homeschool, play and pray our way through a wonderful life.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Pennsylvania Girl in Texas

I enjoy finding extraordinary beauty in nature. I am drawn to woods and fields, to bucolic countryside and the surprises hiding around each turn of a path.  I feel a rush of love for God's earth in many places.
Sometimes it is in the nooks and crannies of the countryside. Sometimes it envelopes me because it seems to go on for acres and acres and miles and miles. Sometimes it is a garden nestled next to the  fence line of a suburban home that almost touches its neighbor.

From the rolling, lush hills of one of Pennsylvania's most beautiful counties to the green drenched landscape of east Texas I have developed a passion for the sheer perfection that I have gratefully found in both places. Many of my Pennsylvania friends are very surprised to find that Texas, in my neck of the woods, is as exuberantly green as their beloved east coast landscape.
I would, in fact, bet that most would find it difficult to differentiate between PA and TX in the photos on the left sidebar.  :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment